What is the Referral Process for a New Participant?
A referral can be made by a speech pathologist or other rehab professional, a case worker, a physician or any health care professional. An inquiry can also come from a person with aphasia and their friends or family members.
Here’s the Referral Process:
1. If you are a health care professional or a person with aphasia, contact MnCAN at 612-524-8802 with referral information or email julia@MnCAN.org.
2. MnCAN will then contact the referral to complete Intake/Background Information.
3. Based on the referral’s location, information, and preference, a group will be recommended to best suit their needs. There must be a diagnosis of aphasia to participate in the Aphasia Conversation groups.
4. The new participant will then be connected to a group facilitator to get started! They are welcome to come and observe the group first.
5. Registration forms will be sent to new and returning participants. Please send tuition with the registration forms. Financial support is available upon request.
It may also be helpful to read about/look at pictures of MnCAN activities and information about aphasia on our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/MNConnectAphasiaNow. Please LIKE the page if you want updates. You can also check MnCAN’s website: on the right-hand sidebar is a mini version of our Facebook page. We LOVE to get LIKES!