MnCAN Aphasia Choir
Our Choir is aptly named “Voices Moving Forward“!
Join the Voices Moving Forward
Performances planned for the
- Auburn Manor in Chaska will enjoy a Spring concert in 2018, scheduled for April 21, 2018. Further details to come.
- MnCAN’s Fundraiser Paint and Pins in Spring 2018 will feature the Voices Moving Forward Choir. Date of the fundraiser is April 29, 2018.
- Twin Cities Speech Language Pathologists (TCSLP) Conference, May 12, 2018.
- Previously in 2017 Voices Moving Forward performed at Waconia Good Samaritan/Westview Acres, Auburn Manor, during the Minnesota Speech Language Hearing Association Spring Conference and lead the group of people with aphasia singing the National Anthem at Strike Out Stroke Day during a Twins game in May 2017.We look forward to the fellowship and joy of singing!
Here is the Winter/Spring 2018 rehearsal schedule:
Saturday February 24
Saturday March 3
Saturday March 10
Saturday March 17
Saturday March 24
Saturday April 7
Saturday April 14
St Johns Lutheran Church
300 East 4th Street
This is 2 blocks east of 41 which goes through downtown Chaska. The entrance in the back parking lot and leads right into the choir room. There are handicapped parking and wheelchair accessibility.
11:00 – 12:30
Following is the music we will be practicing:
How Can I Keep from Singing Eva Cassidy
I Got Rhythm Ella Fitzgerald
Blue Skies Eva Cassidy
Bridge Over Troubled Water Paul Simon
Feelin’ Groovy Paul Simon
Funiculi Funicula Luigi Denza
Those Were the Days Mary Hopkin
Take Me Home, Country Roads John Denver
Sunshine on my Shoulders John Denver
On the Road Again Willie Nelson
Ease on Down the Road Diana Ross/Michael Jackson
It’s a Small World Disney Singers
Zip A Dee Doo Da James Baskett
Song of Hope Heather Vangerud
Director Heather Vangerud has also arranged these 2 pieces in a medley:
TwinkleTwinkle Little Star (variations from WA Mozart) and When You Wish Upon A Star (Julie Andrews)
If interested in joining Voices Moving Forward, contact
Heather Vangerud, MnCAN aphasia choir director at
Home 952-368-4412 or Cell 612-877-1031
- Songs will be selected because they have good rhythmic support and familiar melodies and words
- You will have song sheets of the words
- Volunteer singers who will be joining us to provide musical support.
- We encourage your spouse/significant other/ care partner to join us in song. We also have a basketful of rhythmic instruments to support our singing.