MnCAN Aphasia Choir 2017-18 Season
Our Choir is aptly named “Voices Moving Forward“!
Join the Voices Moving Forward
Performances planned for the
- Westview Acres in Waconia is the site for the Fall 2017 concert scheduled for 2pm Saturday, November 11, 2017.
- Auburn Manor in Chaska will enjoy a Spring concert in 2018, tentatively schedules for April 22, 2018. Further details to come.
- MnCAN’s Fundraiser Paint and Pins in Spring 2018 will feature the Voices Moving Forward Choir. Date of the fundraiser is April 29, 2018.
- Previously in 2017 Voices Moving Forward performed at Auburn Manor, during the Minnesota Speech Language Hearing Association Spring Conference and leading the group of people with aphasia singing the National Anthem at Strike Out Stroke Day during a Twins game in May 2017.We look forward to the fellowship and joy of singing!
Here is the Fall 2017 rehearsal schedule:
Saturday September 23
Saturday September 30
Saturday October 7
Saturday October 14
Saturday October 21
Saturday October 28
Saturday November 4
St Johns Lutheran Church
300 East 4th Street
This is 2 blocks east of 41 which goes through downtown Chaska. The entrance in the back parking lot and leads right into the choir room. There are handicapped parking and wheelchair accessibility.
11:00 – 12:30
Following is the music we will be practicing:
How Can I Keep from Singing Eva Cassidy
I Got Rhythm Ella Fitzgerald
Blue Skies Eva Cassidy
Bridge Over Troubled Water Paul Simon
Feelin’ Groovy Paul Simon
Funiculi Funicula Luigi Denza
Those Were the Days Mary Hopkin
Take Me Home, Country Roads John Denver
Sunshine on my Shoulders John Denver
On the Road Again Willie Nelson
Ease on Down the Road Diana Ross/Michael Jackson
It’s a Small World Disney Singers
Zip A Dee Doo Da James Baskett
Song of Hope Heather Vangerud
Director Heather Vangerud has arranged these 2 pieces in a medley:
TwinkleTwinkle Little Star (variations from WA Mozart)/When You Wish Upon A Star (Julie Andrews)
If interested in joining Voices Moving Forward, contact
Heather Vangerud, MnCAN aphasia choir director at
Home 952-368-4412 or Cell 612-877-1031
- Songs will be selected because they have good rhythmic support and familiar melodies and words
- You will have song sheets of the words
- Volunteer singers who will be joining us to provide musical support.
- We encourage your spouse/significant other/ care partner to join us in song. We also have a basketful of rhythmic instruments to support our singing.